The DLM Early Childhood Express is a holistic, child-centered program that nurtures each child by offering focused, meaningful instruction that is developmentally appropriate. The complete system provides a wealth of English and Spanish materials to help foster the social-emotional, intellectual, and physical development of children.
Children learn best by connecting what they know with what they learn. Essential Questions in units connect children to new ideas and understanding.
Easy-to-use lessons link essential disciplines to make instruction more relevant and help children recognize patterns in learning.
- Social-emotional development is addressed everyday through positive reinforcement, interactive activities, and engaging songs to help model and build interpersonal skills.
- Reading/ language arts lessons are focused on language acquisition, which include oral language development and vocabulary activities.
- Mathematics is based on Building Blocks, the result of NSF-funded research, and designed to develop children’s early mathematical knowledge through various individual and group activities.
- Science instruction provides students with skills in investigating and observing scientific concepts and methods during weekly science-focused, large-group activities, and Center Time activities.
- Fine arts provides student opportunities for expressing art, dance, and music
- Social studies is addressed weekly and allows children to learn about community, history, geography, and citizenship.
- Physical movement is integrated into each lesson to help each child develop appropriate gross and fine motor skills.
- Technology skills for the 21st century are incorporated each week with the use of online math activities, computer time, and eBooks.
- Health and safety lessons help children begin to make good decisions about healthy living and safety.